Wisconsin Economic Development Commission (WEDC) Assistance:
We’re will be back at Fireman’s Park and are excited about what it offers our artists and guests!
· Meandering walkways to view and buy works by our talented artists. To maintain the integrity and quality of the fair, no commercial booths are permitted, only works by the artists themselves.
· The Pavillion houses the silent auction, food & kid’s activities.
· The small shelter serves as the Dragon Arts Group’s information/merchandise booth; and
· The band shell is home to The Artesians, the Americana duo who have entertained us the past few years.
· Of course, the Jolly Giants stilt walkers will once again roam the park delighting young and old alike.
We continue to work with area community groups to provide a variety of activities for our attendees. The DeForest Cub Scouts ice cream social, the Girl Scouts lemonade stand and the Fire Department Safety Day are all returning this year. This community supports family oriented, cultural events and these activities shows the 3,000+ attendees what DeForest/Windsor can offer!
Our biggest fundraiser, a silent auction with 50+ items donated by our generous artists as well as community supporters, funds the scholarships awarded to DeForest High School students seeking arts related college degrees. Each year up to three scholarships valued between $300-$500 are granted and we’d like to give more!
The shopping bag giveaway program has been a great success – sometimes we think people come early just to get the new Dragon Art Fair tote bag! We ordered 400 last year and they were gone by 11:00 a.m.! This promotional shopping bag has the Dragon Art Fair logo on the front and our sponsors on the back and keeps your name or logo in front of your customers every time they use it.
The Dragon Arts Group appreciates your support of this event and hope you will consider making a contribution. A donation form is included for your convenience. If you would you like to learn more about the art fair, our organization or volunteer opportunities, please contact me at (608) 846-8891, check us out on our Facebook fan page, or log on to www.dragonartsgroup.org.